Loi sur les appareils électriques et électroniques (Elektro- und Elektronikgerätegesetz, ElektroG)
Information on the disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment
Concerning the sale of electrical and electronic equipment, we are obliged to inform you of the following:
- All electrical equipment that can be used in private households are marked with the symbol of the crossed-out wheelie bin.
The symbol of the crossed-out wheelie bin according to Annex 3 of the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act means that electrical and electronic equipment must be collected separately from unsorted municipal waste.
- The owners of waste equipment must dispose of them separately from unsorted municipal waste. Waste equipment must not be disposed of with household waste.
- Old batteries and accumulators that are not enclosed in the waste equipment, as well as lamps that can be removed from the waste equipment without destroying it, must be separated from the waste equipment without destroying it before being handed in at a collection point.
- Distributors as defined in Section 17 ElektroG, i.e. those with a sales area for electrical and electronic equipment of at least 400 square metres and distributors of foodstuffs with a total sales area of at least 800 square metres who offer and make available electrical and electronic equipment on the market several times in a calendar year or on a permanent basis, are obliged to take back waste equipment free of charge in the following cases:
a. When the consumer purchases a new electrical or electronic appliance, distributors subject to the take-back obligation are obliged to take back free of charge an old appliance of the same type that fulfils essentially the same functions as the new appliance, at the place of delivery or in the immediate vicinity thereof. The place of delivery may also be the private household, provided that the delivery takes place there.
b. At your request, distributors shall also take back free of charge old appliances which do not exceed 25 centimetres in any external dimension. The take-back is not linked to the purchase of an electrical or electronic appliance and is limited to three old appliances per type of appliance.c. Insofar as the contract has been concluded through the use of means of distance communication, the free collection is limited to electrical and electronic equipment belonging to
- Category 1 (heat transmitters),
- Category 2 (screens, monitors and equipment containing screens with a surface area of more than 100 square centimetres)
- and Category 4 (large appliances).
The take-back of electrical and electronic equipment in categories 3 (lamps), 5 (small appliances) and 6 (small IT and telecommunication devices) and old appliances with a dimension of up to 25 centimetres must be ensured by providing suitable return facilities at a reasonable distance from you. An overview of the equipment categories and the equipment covered in each case can be found at:https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/elektrog_2015/anlage_1.html
- For private households, appliances can be returned to the municipal collection points in your town or community. At the following link you can view an online directory of collection and return points in your area:
- We would like to explicitly point out that end users themselves are responsible for deleting personal data on the used devices to be disposed of.
- We are also obliged to inform you about the annual disclosures regarding the fulfilment of the quantitative targets according to § 10 paragraph 3 and § 22 paragraph 1 of the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act. You can view these here:
- In addition, we have created the following options for taking back your equipment:
You have the option to return your end-of-life device to MEMORY PC free of charge: Address: Memory PC GmbH - Weberstraße 4a - 26340 Zetel
For the return of old appliances up to a weight of 31 kilograms and maximum package dimensions of 120cm x 60cm x 60cm, you will receive a prepaid return shipping label from our logistics partner DHL at your request. Contact us for this at elektroG@memorypc.de or by phone on: 04453 4836-00.
Important note: You are responsible for ensuring that there is no personal data stored on your old devices. Therefore, please make sure to delete all personal data from the old devices.
You can also return your old appliance to a FREE local waste disposal service.
You can find a list of return points here: